Wednesday, June 14, 2006

THE DOHONEY INQUISITION

Cincinnati city candidate for city manager, Milton Dohoney & Cincinnati Mayor Mark Mallory

First and foremost, I'd like to thank everyone who stopped me, greeted me back, expressed warm wishes toward me, showed outward expressions of love, threw me the black fist and those of you who gave your most sincerest condolences, on my first day back to City Hall and Cincinnati City Council.
I appreciate all of you and as I walked into City Hall and the council chambers, I could'nt help but to stop, if just for a moment, to remember what was.....

THE DOHONEY INQUISITION

More of the same from power-hungry, arrogant, everybody fighting for control city council. I sat through the entire council meeting as they interrogated city manager candidate Milton Dohoney Jr. like he was applying for a position at the Pentagon.
The nerve of that council down there! All of them oozed with holier than thou-ism and most of them did their best to trick 'n' trap the man to (in my most humble opinion) no avail.

Council looked like the clowns!

I've stated in my last three blog entries on this subject, I have no intention of defending/speaking in behalf of Dohoney or defending Mayor Mallory's choice to bring the man in here for that matter. But come on, right is right & wrong is wrong. That whole hearing was nothing more than a weak blatant attempt to make Dohoney look like a fool whose not qualified for the position and the mayor, an incompetent idiot for choosing him in the first place, of course without the permission(s) of the great white city fathers and mothers!

If I decide to add more later, I will. But for right now, I really don't have anymore to blog about on this subject.

City Council put the man through the ringer today.

Here's the breakdown in a quick nutshell:

Jim Tarbell didn't even try to hide his disgust for the man.
Leslie Ghiz is just plain dizzy & dingy.
Cecil Thomas wants whatever Mark Mallory wants.
ChrisMonzel thought he was trying out for the Milton Berle Comedy Hour.
David Crowley questioned the man quick then split.
John Cranley cried the "we need the more police blues".
Chris Bortz did what Bortz does best look out for big business and downtown.
Jeff Berding played the role of the "I'm gonna make Mallory look like a clown & see Cincinnati I am mayoral material".
LaKeta Cole's tone was flat-out hostile, condesending, arrogant, rude and oh-so Alicia Reece-ish.

The mayor question Mr. Dohoney last and basically in a yes or no fashion got to the heart of the matter without all the in between bullshit.

A Final Note: I was around and attending city council meetings when no-good ex-mayor Charles "Charlie" John Luken brought ex-city manager Valerie Lemmie into town to appoint her Cincinnati city manager, and nobody but nobody second guessed his choice.....

"Why do you think that is?"

No comments: