Friday, March 23, 2012

PRESIDENT OBAMA (FINALLY) SPEAKS ON TRAYVON MARTIN MURDER (KINDA)

OBAMA: If I Had A Son, He'd Look Like Trayvon" [Video]

President Obama weighed in today (Friday) on the shooting of Trayvon Martin, an unarmed teen killed by a self-appointed neighborhood watch captain. President Obama called what happened a tragedy, and said Trayvon reminded him of his own kids.

“When I think about this boy, I think about my own kids,” Obama said in Rose Garden remarks. “I think every parent in America should be able to understand why it is absolutely imperative that we investigate every aspect of this. And that everybody pull together.”

President Obama has received increasing criticism in recent weeks for not commenting on the Trayvon Martin case, even though he wasted no time calling Sandra Fluke after she was called a slut by Rush Limbaugh.

“But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he’d look like Trayvon,” Obama said. “All of us as Americans are going to take this with the seriousness it deserves.”


(Story & Video Courtesy of YourBlackWorld)

*****************************************************************

Well the President said a little bit.

In our opinion, it was not enough.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was/is very Correct. Thank you Mr. Obama. Bro. JT

Unknown said...

I read this post two times.

I like it so much, please try to keep posting.

Let me introduce other material that may be good for our community.

Source: ESL teacher interview questions

Best regards
Henry