Friday, March 2, 2012

FRIDAY FLASHBACK TO THE PAST 27

(Lisa Fischer, Today)
(Lisa Fischer's Album Cover From 1991)
Greetings Brothers & Sisters It's Friday So That Means It's .....

Friday Flashback To the Past! In this 27th edition of our series we showcase a sistah who is underrated and in a class of her own.

Ms. Lisa Fischer.

This week's selection comes from our dear sister and faithful reader Sis. Maxine.

Sis. Maxine took the time to email me and her selection was chosen just like that. We thank Sis. Maxine for her contribution to the struggle of the black race and we also thank her for choosing Lisa Fischer.
That was and still is a beautiful song and I know for a fact it hits home for so many sisters out there when they are through with the negro they loved, and the sister is trying to get over the pain and he just keeps ..... coming back again (as the Lisa Fischer sang).
Lisa said, "How can I ease the pain when I know you're coming back again...?"

Damn! ... Deep as hell ain't it sisters? I know and I feel ya'! Lawd knows I feel ya'!


Read the short bio below then check out this week's song, and let us hear from you.

Lisa Fischer
(born 1958) is an American R&B singer and songwriter. She rose to fame in 1991 with her debut album So Intense, which produced the Grammy Award winning hit single "How Can I Ease the Pain". Known for her high notes, which extends into the whistle register, Fischer has been recognized as one of the most successful session vocalists of the era.[1] She has sung back-up for a number of famous artists, including Luther Vandross, Tina Turner and The Rolling Stones.





Well brothers and sisters, then it is! Did you like it? Tell us what you think.
And if you have a song choice you would like to see showcased on our weekly flashback to the past email me at: askgeneralnikkix@yahoo.com

Your song could be next!

Until Next Week...
Black Love, Peace & Soul!!!

4 comments:

Maxine said...

Hey thanks Sis. Nikki X thank you so much for choosing my song! I'm going through it with my nigga and this song I play over and over drinking and staying fucked up but I'm straight. We gonna work it out somehow I guess.
Thanks again for the song!

Anonymous said...

Girl who hurt your pretty heart? Huh who? You betta tell a nigga! on the real good song for y'all ladies girl one love from me to you general.

Bro. K.L.

Anonymous said...

This sista' is amazing with her songs-I luv Lisa Fischer. First as back up singer for Luther Vandross. Then on her on. Thanx General Nikki X.Bro.JT

Anonymous said...

I likes the song beautiful general

Bro. Trey X