Sunday, August 14, 2005

UPDATE !!! MAYORAL CANDIDATES MIXED IT UP @ THE GREENWICH:
"SEND THE SENATOR TO CITY HALL"!

I attended last nights Mayoral debate at The Greenwich in Walnut Hills (see BLOG entry: Mayoral Candidates to mix it up @ The Greenwich) and I have to be honest with the readers of "The Black Fist Blog", I saw alot of the "same ole, same ole" but what I did see was alot of frustrated audience members/voters who did not like the fact they could NOT ask questions of those candidates. As it was told to me, the panelist were "directed" NOT to ask ANY individual candidate any questions DIRECTLY. But if they had read "The Black Fist Blog" in advance, they would have known you had to email your questions prior to the debate. But in all actuality moderator Kathy Y. Wilson only read (1) YES, you heard me right "1 email" from the audience and I have a deep feeling in my gut that question came from Councilmember Christopher Smitherman, who attended the event along with his lovely Queen Pamela, who by the way looked absolutely "Radiant". Now getting back to the actual debate, allow me let me to start from the top...

1st Candidate: Justin Jeffre. He was denied access to a podium. In other words he was never invited to the debate in the first place, he's not taken seriously by the media as a serious Mayoral contender, only (4) podiums were set up on the stage, so I suppose Mark Yates co-owner of The Greenwich & the event coordinators figured he wouldn't show up without an invite anyway. But when he arrived there Mark Yates & Moderator Kathy Y. Wilson wanted Jeffres to "take a hike"! But I have to give it up to The Ex-"98 Degree" boy he stood his ground, refused to "take a hike" and by the total graciousness of Senator Mark L. Mallory (who showed nothing less than "Class" throughout the entire debate) allowed Justin Jeffre to "share" his podium and that along with some JJ2K5 (that's his slogan as in Justin Jeffre 2005) supporters/grassroots people from the audience chanted, "Let him stay, Let him stay". He was able to participate.

2nd Candidate: Charlie Winburn. That black man showed us up close & in person (again), he wants to do nothing more than lock up every black person in Cincinnati who "jaywalks", "spits on the street", "looks wrong at a white person", "looks like they are sorta kinda thinking 'bout maybe in a way they might be figuring on committing some sort of crime"! He laughed and joked his way through the entire debate. Oh yes, he showed he has a sense of humor which is a good thing but since that is NOT "Comedy Central" and Dave Chappelle wasn't there to hire Winburn on the spot, I for one wasn't impressed. High-dey, High-dey, High-dey Ho..."Lock 'em Charlie has got to go" !!!

3rd Candidate: David Pepper. The spoiled lil rich boy/alleged kidnap victim who flat out LIED right in our faces about that $33,ooo it would've taken to fund HIV/AIDS along with a host of other "politicians crimes" he's committed against Blacks since he's been in office. Did nothing more than show he's a "hot-head" who can not control his "emotions" under fire. His facial expressions, body language and that silly-ass "twitching thing" he does when he beleives he should've even be questioned on certain issues shows what "The Black Fist" have been expousing since he threw his hat into the ring..."He is Unfit to Lead"! He was arrogant and his air of "Mayoral entitlement" was sickening. He didn't really answer any question with honesty and/or clarity. And the answer he gave on the question "What would you do to tackle the race problem in Cincinnati" was so non-chalant his weak-ass answer went right over my head! So his answer musta been something like all of his other answers regarding fixing so-called Race Relations...."What did you say you will you do again there David"? Pepper's normal answer: Uuuhhhh, nuthin' !
In a nutshell: We need to throw some salt on Pepper!

3rd Candidate: Alicia Reece. She wore red. She looked nice and that's about it. But I will remind you Miss Reece, if I may that talking loud, sounding forceful, repeating your old stump speeches from your past elections and filtering the whole damn place with your friends, relatives and outta control loud-ass supporters will NOT add substance too nor will it make the intelligent people FORGET that you are responsible for 600 families losing their homes in "The Hunnington Meadows Holocaust", your "alleged" involvement in threatening to send 150 firefighters to burn down the offices of "City Beat" magazine prefavorably with then City Beat columnist, staunch Alicia Reece critic & last night's moderator Kathy Y. Wilson still in the building! And let's not forget an activist whom she felt was "against" her...No, it was not General Nikki X but for the record when I'm around her, I hide the matches!
Let's move on....
When Reece was asked, What she would do about the "racial problems" facing Cincinnati? She didn't even bother to answer. PERIOD! She went off on some stuff about jobs....
But that doesn't surprise me. She's the "senior democratic" on Council (as she is so often to brag on the floor of Council), She's been there for 6 years, She was appointed vice-mayor 7 months after the April 2001 riots that had white folks so scared they were running away from Blacks like their ancestors high-tailed and ran back on August 23, 1831, when General Nat Turner "took matters into his own hands" 'cause he could'nt take it no mo'! Peace be upon Bro. Nat. She was "appointed" to keep Black people who "oppose" the status-quo "in check" and she IS and HAS been "the black face AGAINST the economic boycott, running all over the country promoting "tourism & travel" all the while knowing Black men have continued to die "unjustifiably" by the hands of "her employees" the Cincinnati Police Dept. so in "reaction to that action" there WAS and IS a "sanction on travel & tourism" as well as a "Boycott" placed on this city. And as it pertains to all of the above she has and ALWAYS WILL BE on the side of the whiteman & his agenda ready to comply with all of his wishes, whims & demands. She DID nothing about past police brutality, race problems & making sure "BLACKS" not MINORITIES get their fair share of the business contracts in this city!
And guess what folks after 6 years of nothing if you bring her outta this primary and vote her into office you'll be sure to get more of what she's guaranteed to give you more of.....NOTHING!

Finally the 4th Candidate: Mark Mallory. Who in my opinion, WON LAST NIGHT'S DEBATE HANDS DOWN! He showed that he is he was cool, calm & collected when answering, "YES" I said, A-N-S-W-E-R-I-N-G the questions, breaking down his answers with fact not fiction and as I stated in the opening, was gracious enough to extend his podium in fairness to Justin Jeffres. Mark Mallory is a State Senator who has chosen to leave Columbus to come back to "Sinsinnati" and bring some (according to him) "common sense leadership" back to City Hall. Mark Mallory in my opinion was focused, articulated, he didn't have to SHOUT & repeat the same phrases over & over again to recycle the same ole tired message from past campaigns to make you & I think it's a "new idea". In my opinion, Mark Mallory interacted with the other candidates on stage with respect and class. His answers were clear & he had an air of confidence about himself. (and for those of you who don't know there is a difference between "confidence" & "arrogance")
And finally, Senator Mallory HAS NEVER been on Cincinnati City Council that in and of itself should encourage the voters of Cincinnati particularly the "Black" voters of Cincinnati because this is "The Black Fist Blog" where we deal with the plight and liberation of The Black Nation, to consider him your choice in the September 13th primary, where you can ONLY vote for "1" candidate!

Footnotes:
Reece has been on Council 6 years=To 6 years of Nothing that has been beneficial to the Black nation.
Pepper has been on Council 4 years=To 4 years of Nothing that has been beneficial to Black people.
Winburn was previously on Council for about 7 or 8 years (please feel free to give me the correct time frame in the comment section) but nevertheless=To 7 or 8 years of Nothing that "WAS" beneficial to Black people.
Jeffres was part of a "boy band" that had NO real talent & NO real hits so it would seem he'd have time to focus a little more on "his hometown". He never once (to my knowledge) stepped up during the April 2001 riots to vocalize his opinion on what was going on in (as he stated last night) "his hometown" but he also stated in last nights debate "he's been all over the world as an embassador of the City of Cincinnati" so my question to him would be "Why didn't you gather up some of your big-time Hollywood friends a.k.a. Nick Lachey, Jessica Simpson, Tom Cruise, Drew Barrymore, Angelia Jolie and the like and bring your "high powered star power" to the halls of City Hall and tell The "Grand Dragon" Charlie Luken to control his outta control police force and STOP killing unarmed Black men.
Kinda busy 'round that time huh, Jeffres....Well in that case....
Justin Jeffres, you can catch the next flight back to L.A. and try to "revive" your singing career. 'Cause it's over for you here son.

So it looks like this round of The Mayoral Debates belongs to Mark Mallory!
And Congradulations to you, Senator!

We'll see how all the candidates fair in the next round of debates.

Final thoughts: It was so good to see so many Blacks folks in the 'hood. The place was packed and I mean "packed"! I would advise Mr. Yates co-owner of The Greenwich to please, please, please...TURN ON OR GET SOME DAG-ON AIR CONDITIONING IN THAT PLACE!!! It was "smoking hot" in that joint! People were fanning like they were in church and it was very uncomfortable. But being a soldier (thought I told ya') General Nikki X stayed the entire time and gathered the necessary infomation I needed to report back here to you, the readers of "The Black Fist Blog"!

Moderator Kathy Y. Wilson (my good sista friend) did her thing and she did it the only way K.Y. knows how with humor, wit, boldness & straightforwardness!!! Reece looked nervous as hell having to stand "so close" to Kathy Y. but hey, that goes to show you, You never know when your dirt will be swept back to your door. The rumor was Reece refused to attend last nights debate if Kathy was to moderate but I got the scoop from Kathy herself...That was no rumor it was TRUE! Reece and "her people" had several meetings with The Greenwich owners and "other folks" and in the end Reece "agreed" to attend with Kathy on the scene.
How big of Ms. Reece. (insert sarcasm here) Thank you.

It was good to see one of my fellow bloggers I have'nt seen in a long time, A strong sista in the struggle whom I've had the pleasure of standing side-by-side on the frontline, A sista who doesn't mind "getting down" and "battling this beast on the ground" for the liberation of the Black nation...Sistagirl Monica Williams of "The Coalition for a Just Cincinnati". I'm sure she will be sharing her thoughts as contributing writer for www.blackcincinnati.blogspot.com (I'm new here so give me some time & I'll get my links together and Thanks Nate Livingston for the link you gave your readers to "The Black Fist Blog")

The soldiers over there will give it to you "straight no chaser", no doubt!


Until Next Time..."BLACK POWER, EVERY HOUR"!









10 comments:

General Nikki X said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
General Nikki X said...

Thanks for your comment wilson for cincy.
I have yet to read the flyer you gave me last night.
But I will.

Anonymous said...

Interesting news

Elaine Brown, a former leader of the Black Panther Party, is running for mayor of Brunswick, Georgia, as the Green Party candidate.

elainebrown.org

gp.org

Someone said...

I have not really heard a politician answer the racial reconciliation question with anything that can transform itself into policy or other political action.

When we had the blogger meeting with Mallory, I liked some of the things he said on that point (and he made us laugh — a rare thing when engaging race-talk), but he didn't have a policy point, either.

But I am glad to hear so many people reporting that he won the debate. I knew when I first met him that Sen. Mallory was an ultra-professional, highly qualified, personable man of integrity.

I usually always give my votes to underdog third party or independent candidates, but not in this case.

Right now, my household is thinking of approaching the mayoral vote this one: one for Mallory, one for Jeffre (because we think a respectable independent showing could be good for the City's political climate).

Anonymous said...

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I do not agree that HomoMallory won that debate. Reece won and dominated on the stage with her words and her presence. I heard Reece on WCVG and she stated everything about the boycott and she was the one to meet all the requirements of the boycotters through legislation. Mallory suggests more studies not action and WE NEED ACTION. Mallory said he's a strong leader and wants to work within the collaborative, sounds like Reece to me. She helped to organize the collaborative when Lame Duck went out of town, on purpose. She out shined them all, but Mallory did follow. He just joked with Cincinnati too much and this is not a game, our lives are not funny, homicides are ot funny and this is not a talent show. You are so black, but supporting someone who hasn't done much for us when stuff was getting cut from the state level, and I'm proof, what the hell happen to my medicaid. He's not fighting for us and neither is Winburn who only got into the race when given money from the Republican Party, we can't be bought or fooled by Mallory and his white staff, we need a fighter and a champion, VICE MAYOR ALICIA REECE FOR MAYOR!

Anonymous said...

Nikki X,

I was at the debate and this was my first debate. What I wanted to know was what have the candidates that are already in office done for me and my community. Vice Mayor Reece gave me her record and I must say it was impressive. Most of the things that the other candidates stated they would like to do she has already down the ground work. Like helping to sponsor the legislation that resulted in the Small Business Division, working with the I think it was called the New Economy companies which resulted in Taft High School partnering with Cincinnati Bell which will insure some jobs for our youth that they can raise a family with and getting that computer skills which almost all jobs require now. She was clear in her answers and I did not have to filter through all that baloney like when Winburn spoke. Winburn only told me he was interested in locking up our youth regardless of the sitituation. I do not trust the police system that police our kids. Justin Jefferies did a lot of rambling about fighting for the people but what I would like to know is what has he done for Cincinnati when he was a big star what event did his group sponsor to help the kids of Cincinnati while they were at STAR status? Pepper wants me to read his 45 page plan but why should I when he has not because he can not deliver its content to me. Mark is quick to complain that Pepper and Reece has done nothin but I did not here the same when he was the parties chair. He says that he is such a great leader well great leaders do not chose team members that inadequately does a job. When I say team member, I mean Co-Chair of the Democratic Party. He claims that he was such a great leader but now that he wants the job Vice Mayor Reece and David Pepper is doing such a terrible job I don't buy that. He is only trying to discredit them because he is term limited and want the job. Also he said that he is a great leader and have the ability to bring people together were was the senator when Cincinnati was going through the riots? Why did he not come down to his hometown which he loves and help? I saw a lot of people offer their services who was not from Cincinnati and I felt did not have Cincinnati best interest at heart. The senator sat back in Columbus and did nothing with his great leadership abilities so why would I give me vote to him. Cincinnati is not perfect right now and tensions are still high. How do we know that he will be here with us and not hide and keep quiet as he done in the first place. The people of Cincinnati was crying out for eceonomic support and here is was in Columbus but what monies did he send down to help? None? He has gotten money for a bridge that I do not need to get to Newport on the Levee because it has nothing that I want to do. On September 13th I will be casting my vote for Vice Mayor Alicia Reece

Barbara-Walnut Hills

Anonymous said...

I think you could not see with those dark shades on and your hearing was affected also. I attended the debate and Reece WON HANDS DOWN!! Mark didn't do shit for Cincinnati in Columbus if you check he gets the buck of funding you will see it is Cleveland and Columbus and he isn't going to do anything here. He sounds a lot like a BLACK CHARLIE LUKEN. I can not tell them apart. Do you think sharp dressed Mark is going to roll up his sleeves and get down and dirty for Cincinnati? Hell nah, he has been a part of the white boys society for 12 long years and I don't expect anything to change. The only reason he has been meeting with the boycotters like yourself is to say he is working with blacks because he whole staff is white and has been for 12 years. If blacks are not good enough to work for him, then why are we good enough to vote for him? He even denied that he had a black base. He is not trying to associate with blacks for real I can not believe that he has you and the other boycotters fooled! Where has the great leader been? Cincinnati has been in a battle for several years and not one time did I hear from this great leader that he claims. I am a very educated voter and I don't let nothing get in the way of my vote. That is why I will be paying more close attention to Vice Mayor Reece because she won the debate clearly.

African woman

Monica said...

Hey Nikki...thank you for the shot out and just let me add my two cent for the record. It is clear to me that any person who would cast a vote for Alicia Reece is uninformed and that is the bottom line. If in fact people are interested than they should really check her Council voting record. But even more than that we as black folks have to become a more sophistocated electorate. Number one: When this city was in turmoil due to the rebellion and continued police brutality Alicia Reece who could have taken a strong stance if not in support of the rebellion than certainly in support of the notion that the police department in this city was and remains out of control. Instead the Vice Mayor chose to trot all over this nation and tout our city as one that is friendly to blacks and encourage folks to break the boycott! She has never agreed either through litigation or otherwise to deal with the boycott. She has used the boycott as a mechanism to further her political career at the expense of our people. Number two: What if she had used her position and authority to seek redress for the many social ills that plague our city including but not limited to police brutality? Is it possible that Andre' Schearer would be alive today? Is it possible that Nathaniel Jones would not have been beaten in the street like a dog? Is it possible that my son would not have been accosted and mistreated by a Cincinnati Police Officer? I believe that it is entirely possible. Is is possible that the folks who made Huntington Meadows their home would be there today? Number 3: Who among you Reece supporters attended a single council, or committee meeting over the past few years? I have attended many and I know that Ms. Reece has betrayed our people. We have to get beyond soundbites and forums when we choose who deserves our vote. We have to see beyond the persona to the person.

General Nikki X said...

Thank You Sista Monica for letting the people know that "Soundbites" are "NO Determining Factor" when it come to Alicia "Fleece" OR any other candidate who IS CURRENTLY on council trying to run for mayor that's trying to smooth-talk/FLAT OUT LIE to the people DURING election time -BUT- flim-flamming the public "ALL OF THE TIME"! I can say this Alicia Reece constantly votes AGAINST the black communities best interest. Do your own homework and stop waiting for candidate forums to do your homework for you!

But I suppose the readers of this blog such as "African Woman" would NOT know that since as you Monica so eloquently put it...."Probably NEVER attended any Council Committee meetings much less any regularly scheduled "FULL COUNCIL MEETINGS"! Wednesdays at 1:30pm (speaker's forum UNTELEVISED thanks your your "great" vice-mayor Reece) if you'd like to address council & 2pm for the regularly TELEVISED (cable Ch.23) if for by any reason you can't make it downtown to 801 Plum St. where these meetings are held.

But since Monica and I do...we would know just "what the hells going on down there"!

And I stand by my position: Alicia Reece and David Pepper ARE NOT fit to lead this City.

Vote however you like but the facts are the facts whether African Woman or anybody else likes it or not!

WOW...And I typed all that of that WITH my "sunglasses on" !

Thank you for reading my blog.

Anonymous said...

That's B.S. all capitalized! I attend the meetings regularly and watch you as well. You guys behave the worse and are very disrespectful of yourselves. Nikki X, you walk around in the black with your shades on, then fight other girls for a man then get whooped by that man. And still don't get your point across or heard by the government. Monica, don't you got a white husband? So pro black, so pro black family, so much of a good example. If it wasn't for Reece and Smitherman, blacks wouldn't be included in too much of anything. Be smart, we want Cincinnati, us as a people. With Winburn, we'll be jailed and harassed by the police all the time. With Pepper, we are just dead in Cincinnati. With Mallory, c'mon now, gay, status quo, and is following Luken's game plan step by step. The others are just there, hopefully they'll take away the white vote