Wednesday, March 26, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TP!


Today is the 58th Birthday of "The Teddy Bear" Teddy Pendergrass.
This was and IS a bad black man and one of the most soulful singers of our time.

Wheelchair or no wheelchair, Teddy Pendergrass' sexy appeal reigns supreme!

This video was made right after his 1982 automobile accident, long hospital stay & subsequent recovery 26 years old at the age of 32.

I was just a child myself when this song was originally recorded, however, I can lovingly remember my mother saying (and continues to say even to this day) "
Nikki, this is the man that should've been your daddy"! LoL!

This is a very reflective song and video.
A very beautiful song.

Sit back and take a listen to "The Teddy Bear" Teddy Pendergrass singing "In My Time" From the 1984 CD "Love Language".


"For You Mother, With Love",




2 comments:

Don said...

My mother used to love her some Teddy Pendergrass.

Mr.RGP said...

Thank you for posting this. I put this on a blog that I'm a part of, and was surprised to see that it wasn't really talked about. I'm a big Teddy P. fan. Props.

http://www.onthewritersblock.blogspot.com/